It cannot be ignored that Brian has made his mark on business in South Africa primarily as an entrepreneur. An individual who believes strongly that his success is largely due to the people he has surrounded himself with.
Invited many times to write a book about his business career, Brian chose instead to express his gratitude to his team and those with whom he worked, whilst honouring the many people who influenced him during his journey journey by creating a simple, yet powerful visual legacy.
He has published two coffee table books, using carefully selected wild life images that he has shot over many years. These are illustrated with an inspirational quotation that expresses some of the concepts and ideas that he has found invaluable throughout his life to date.
2007 - "My Book" and 2011 - "Focused"
"The future belongs to those who see possibilities before they become obvious"
~ John Sculley ~
Brian has been recognised for his huge contribution to business in South Africa and in Africa in the following way:
- The Sunday Times’ as one of the top five businessmen in 1992
- The Jewish Business Achiever of the Year award, and listed as one of the top 100
- Africans of the Year in the Africa Almanac in 2001,
- The Corporate Research Foundation’s publication “South Africa’s Leading Managers” where he was voted South Africa’s Top Manager of the Year in 2002
- The Sunday Times' Business of the Year in 2007
- Ernst & Young World "Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2003 where he was voted South Africa’s Top Manager of the Year for 2002
- UNISA who awarded an honorary doctorate in May 2008
- Wits Business School Journal - one of South Africa's top 25 Business Leaders in 2010
- Sunday Time Business Time - Life Time Achiever Award in 2011, having made a significant impact on business in South Africa
- University of the Witwatersrand awarded an honorary doctorate in 2016
- Forbes Magazine - one of the most powerful people in African business.
Brian's current business commitments are:
- The Vice-Chairman of the board of Adcock Ingram
- Executive chairman of Bid Corporation Limited
If you wish to enquire or order any of Brian's photographs, art or books please contact Desiree who will assist you.